Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Miscellany Monday: Labor Day Edition

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Want to participate in Miscellany Monday?  Head to lowercase letters where you can grab the button, write random and link up! 

{1} sixteen
The number of hours I was in labor with Cate.  (I looked it up to make sure I wasn't exaggerating the length of time, but indeed, labor begins when you begin dilating, so I began labor at 10am and moved from the labor stage into the delivery stage at 2am, making it 16 hours.  Ugh.)

{2} 12:15
The time at which my water broke, about 2 seconds before the midwife broke it herself.  I'm guessing my placenta saw the oddly shaped pointy object coming towards it and decided to just go ahead and break on its own.

{3} one
The number of times I peed on myself before I was catheterized.  All I have to say is that I told the nurse I had to go to the bathroom; it's her fault she didn't let me go.

{3} two
The number of times I got an Epidural.  The first one didn't work.  They believed me when the nurse walked in and said, "Sweetie - you shouldn't be in THAT much pain when you've had an epidural!"  Yeah, thanks.  That's what I thought.

{4} three
The number of pushes the OB alloted me before I was to be rushed in for an emergency c-section.

{5} two
The number of pushes it took to get Cate out because I'm damned stubborn and wasn't going in for a c-section.

{6} zero
The number of times I pooped on the table while I was pushing.  THANK GOD.  This was something I was very concerned about, thank you Jenny McCarthy.

{6} unknown
The number of times the umbilical cord was wrapped around Cate's neck.  Ahhh... so that's why she didn't want to come out.

{7} kajillion
The number of stitches I received post-delivery.  All Brian could tell me afterward was that it was over two hours of stitching.

{8} infinite
The number of times I'd do it all over again to have my precious girl in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment